8 Montana Laws That Are Crazy and Weird
Ever wonder if being a worried squirrel is against the law? Well, if you are a squirrel in Excelsior Springs, it is!
The laws below are some of the weirdest, craziest and dumbest laws in the state of Montana! A couple are even right here in Billings. Enjoy!
1. In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all. (While this seems in place for women's safety, which is nice, I think unmarried women can handle fishing alone).
2. Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them. (This sounds ridiculous, offensive and incredibly out of date).
3. It is a felony for a wife to open her husband’s mail. (Crap....I might be a felon).
4. No person shall raise pet rats. (This is a Billings law).
5. It is illegal to bring a bomb or rocket at city council proceedings. (Hmmm... it should probably be illegal to bring either of those anywhere and this is also a Billings law).
6. It is illegal to annoy passersby on sidewalks with a revolving water sprinkler. (This one is for Helena and I can't decide if the sprinkler is illegal or the person holding a sprinkler caught in the act is....).
7. All pool tables must be able to be viewed from the street outside a billiard hall where they are located. (Kalispell, this seems odd. I don't know much about billiards but seems weird).
8. It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime. (So, if I go see a motion picture at the theater and it shows someone stealing a car, do I get the misdemeanor or does the movie theater or does the movie company?).
Want to see the full list of laws? Head to dumblaws.com for other laws in other states!