Butte, Montana- Home of ‘Weirdest Burger Creation’
When you think of classic American fare, you think burgers and fries. Why is that chefs and restaurateurs are always trying to re-invent the burger with crazy toppings and recipes? Here are some of the weirdest burger creations out there right now:
- The Nuttburger from Matt’s Place in Butte, Montana: It’s basically a burger patty with crunchy peanut butter slathered on top.
- Bean Burger from Sills Snack Shack in San Antonio, Texas: If you got the impression this is a veggie burger, you are wrong. This patty is topped with Cheez Whiz, refried beans, onion rings and crushed up Fritos.
- Thanksgiving Burger from Slater’s 50/50 in Southern California: A turkey patty, stuffing, cranberry sauce and sage mayo – all topped with gravy!
- 100 x 100 from In-N-Out Burger: The chain’s secret menu isn’t really all that secret. You can order a burger, any size you want, by requesting the number of beef patties (and cheese) you want on it. The 100 x 100 is a lot of fast food meat in one sandwich!
- The Fat Magnum from Fat Sandwich Company in Norman, Oklahoma: This is the burger for someone looking to either cure a hangover or put on a on of weight in a short amount of time. It features: 2 hamburger patties, 2 chicken strips, 2 mozzarella sticks, bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 kinds of cheese and topped with fries.
Which of these burgers would you try? What is your favorite burger? How often do you indulge? What’s the weirdest burger you’ve ever tried?