Jenn’s New Years Resolutions
Every year, like most people, I make a list of things that I want to accomplish in the new year. I honestly believe that if you write things down on paper and you put them in a place where you can look at them frequently, you will be successful in accomplishing them.
Now, every year I put some of the same things down and it's things that won't be accomplished just in that year. Some of these might take me years but it is a reminder to keep up the good work and progress. I highly recommend you sit down with your spouse or your family and write down resolutions.
Here are a few of mine for 2017:
- Lose weight - one of those ones that I put down every year. This can be a tough one because I love food and enjoy being lazy. Seriously though, I work out 3 or 4 times a week not only to lose weight but to be healthy. I want a long healthy life and I know this contributes to that goal.
- Patience - I have gotten better at this over the years but man can I be impatient sometimes. Usually in traffic, in line at the grocery store, with customer service people on the phone and with myself. I need to have a little more grace and understanding because I don't know whats going on in other peoples lives. I think I just get selfish and that needs to change!
- Pay off debt - Luckily, I have a pretty solid financial plan worked out for this. It's been ongoing since the day I graduated from college but I put it on the paper every year to remind myself to not be selfish with my money and to get those student loans paid off as quick as I can so that I am not in debt to anyone!
- Visit a new country - I love to travel. If I could do it 365 days a year, I think I might! There are so many awesome places on this Earth. So many cultures and peoples. I want to visit a country I haven't been to before because I like finding out about new places. I've been to Canada, a lot. I lived in New Zealand for a while. I've been to Fiji and Australia. So, I'd love to visit somewhere in Europe or somewhere in Asia. I've always wanted to go to Thailand, so maybe put that on the list?
- Change a life, even if it's mine - I always believe that by helping people in the community that their lives will somehow to altered and someday they will pay it forward. I want to help someone get a job, get out of poverty, feed their family, clothe their baby, send them to school, reunite with family, mend a relationship. I don't care what, who or how. I just know that if just one persons life is changed then it's a success.
There are others but these are the main five that I know I want to pursue and try hardest on in 2017. What are you looking to change in 2017? Sometimes the best place to start is yourself!