Montana is America’s Fourth Booziest State
According to some number crunchers, here’s a rundown of the 10 booziest states in America:
10. Maine – Drinking 2.65 gallons of alcohol per capita.
9. Wyoming – This state has the lowest population of any state in the union, but still boasts 4.3 craft breweries per 100,000 people.
8. Nevada – A lot of drinking occurs in those casinos and clubs.
7. Washington – While California is home to the most wineries, Washington comes in second.
6. Wisconsin –Famous for both high-end beer and the “regular” stuff.
5. Vermont – A whopping 6.2 craft breweries per 100,000 residents.
4. Montana – Not a lot of people, but lots of bars.
3. Alaska – Residents drink more alcohol than 90% of the country.
2. Colorado – Ranks 10th in wineries, fourth in breweries, and is in the top-five craft spirits producers.
1. Oregon – Craft beer and wine alone account for $4.6 billion in economic impact each year. (Thrillist)