Summer Concert Lineup!
Around here, our summer concert season is pretty short. So we like to cram as many as we can get into July and August. And there really is some great entertainment coming to Montana and our surrounding area. Where shall we start?
- The annual Elk River Musical Festival at Cove Creek Pavillion (Billings West End 56th and Grandish), July 20th and 21st. Featuring big 90's bands Sugar Ray, Wallflowers, Toadies and Smash Mouth. I love that this is an outdoor show at a really cool venue. Lawn chairs and blankets encouraged. Ticket details at Big Montana Music.
- Cheyenne Frontier Days. July 20th - 28th. Never been? It's a must at least once. The lineup is HUGE with mainly country acts: Florida Georgia Line, Cole Swindell, Charlie Daniels Band, Eric Church, Dierks Bentley and Toby Keith. They do mix it up one night with Nickelback. Official website here.
- Red Ants Pants Festival - White Sulpher Springs July 27th - 29th. This one is more eclectic with bluegrass, jam bands, traditional country and SO much more, spread over three big days with all kinds of events and multiple stages. Bring a tent and feel the positive vibes. Some of the bigger names on the bill include: Pam Tillis, Dwight Youkum, Jr Brown and Montana rapper Supaman. My brother and his wife go almost every year and they have a blast. Check out the full schedule.
- Imagine Dragons. 7/26 in Bozeman. This one should be awesome, because it's Outdoors at Bobcat Stadium!
- Montana Fair. Live concerts 8/10 - 8/12. I got to give props to whomever is in charge of lining up the concerts at Montana Fair. No matter who they choose (based on budget, ability to sell tickets and routing schedules) there are always tons of people who complain. I can't complain about the lineup this year. With Kelly Clarkson, Brett Michaels from Poison and Dustin Lynch. Get the Value Pass and see 'em all!
- Sturgis. August 3 - 11. If you are ready for the party of your life, road trip it to the Black Hills (no motorcycle necessary) and your life will never be the same. The line-up at the Buffalo Chip is INSANE. Pop Evil, Foreigner, Red Sun Rising, Theory of a Deadman, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Phil Vassar, Aaron Lewis, Marshall Tucker Band, Eric Church, Kid Rock, Lita Ford, Chevelle and Queensryche are most of the big bands. Holy moly!
Get your sunscreen and shades and will see you by the stages this summer.