10 Montana Facts I Bet You Didn’t Know
Every state has random facts about it that literally no one knows because it's so random. Montana however has some information that I bet you will love to know! Over at 50states.com you can find the full list on Montana facts and info about the 49 other states!
*These also make for great party conversation starters. If you like to party like that!
1. The state boasts the largest breeding population of trumpeter swans in the lower United States.
2. North of Missoula is the largest population of nesting common loons in the western United States.
3. The average square mile of land contains 1.4 elk, 1.4 pronghorn antelope, and 3.3 deer.
4. The Montana Yogo Sapphire is the only North American gem to be included in the Crown Jewels of England.
5. 46 out of Montana's 56 counties are considered "frontier counties" with an average population of 6 or fewer people per square mile.
6. Montana has the largest grizzly bear population in the lower 48 states.
7. Montana's rivers and streams provide water for three oceans and three of the North American continent's major river basins.
8. Every spring nearly 10,000 white pelicans with a wingspan of nine feet migrate from the Gulf of Mexico to Medicine Lake in northeastern Montana.
9. Montana's name comes from the Spanish word mountain.
10. Miles City is known as the Cowboy Capitol.