Clark Days 2017
Clark Days 2017 is right around the corner. If you have never been out to Clark Days make sure to go this year! It is a blast for the whole family. They have so many activities and it is really neat to learn all about the journey of Lewis and Clark. Check out the details below! Music, pancake breakfast, camp fires and more! You can camp or just go for the day and you can even go see the monument for free!
Days 2017 - July 28th & 29th
Clark Days is a celebration of William Clark's journey through Montana, landing at Pompey's Pillar, and carving his name into the rock. The signature is the only remaining physical evidence of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
Come join us this year for a remarkable look at the historic journey of men and women and the various ways they traveled on the Yellowstone River.
Friday, July 28th
- FREE entrance to the monument (starts at noon)!
- Free camping set up 4-7 PM
- Visitor center open until 7:30 PM
- Music and Cowboy Poetry 7:30 PM
- Stargazing with MSUB Astronomy 8:30 PM
- Live fire by the Elk River Brigade
- Camp fire (weather permitting) starting at dark ...
Saturday, July 29th:
- 7-10 A.M: Pancake breakfast
- 7 A.M: Bird and nature walk (meet at log cabin)
- Historical booths, food trucks, tours, and presentations start at 9
- 9 A.M: Flag Raising Ceremony
- 10 A.M: Performance by traditional Native American dancers
- 11 A.M: Almeda Bradshaw - Cowboy Poet and Musician
- 12 P.M: Bob Peterman - Cowboy Poet and Musician
- 1 P.M: Almeda Bradshaw - Cowboy Poet and Musician
- 2 P.M: Performance by traditional Native American dancers
- 3 P.M: Bob Peterman - Cowboy Poet and Musician
Bring a water bottle, sunscreen and bug spray.
Directions to the Pillar:
Exit 23 on I-94 east of Billings. If you're coming from the east, at the exit, take a left and proceed over the bridge and you'll be driving west on Highway 312 a short distance. Then take a right at the fee station.
Thank you for your support and enjoy the events!