Friday the 13th Common Superstitions
It's Friday the 13th! Ooogy Boogy... are you superstitious?
1. Beginners Luck : Although I don't think of this as an actual superstition I guess others do.
2. Black Cats : The old black cat crossing your path. The witches favorite animal which has made some people more afraid then not of black cats.
3. Walking under an open ladder : This one still kind of gets me, it's more that I fear something will happen when I walk under it opposed to bad luck ensuing.
4. Mirror Mirror : According to folklore, breaking a mirror is a surefire way to doom yourself to seven years of bad luck.
5. 666 : Of course this comes from the bible and the Book of Revelation, 666 is given as the number of the "beast". Many people including myself can feel just a little bit off when seeing three sixes.
6. Knocking on wood: After thinking about it, this is a superstition. We all have most likely done it. Knock on wood in hopes that whatever we said won't come true.
7. No Umbrellas inside : This one is one I can kind of agree with, not only is it a nuisance but seems like a stupid thing to do anyway. The tale comes from ancient Roman times when it was said that a woman opened an umbrella shortly after she did it her house collapsed on her. yikes!