Important Firework Safety Tips
Fireworks are fun and beautiful but they can also be dangerous and the injuries from them can end up being not so beautiful! With the 4th only being a few days away I know that everyone is getting geared up for their holiday weekends, buying all their food for BBQ's and stocking up on fireworks. So, here are a few safety tips from the National Council on Firework Safety to make your weekend more patriotic and celebratory!
- Obey local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Don't give fireworks to children.
- Safe the alcohol for after fireworks. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area away from cars and buildings.
- Never relight a 'dud' firework. Wait 20 minutes then soak them in a bucket of water.
Click HERE for the full list of safety tips!