The Red Lodge Christmas Stroll Is This Weekend
While in Red Lodge back in the summer I saw a cute poster of the Christmas Stroll and asked one of the store workers what it was. She said, 'You've never been to the Christmas Stroll?!" I explained to her that we had just moved here from Seattle and don't know anything especially in way of events for the holidays! After I was told all about it I knew I would have to go back for the event.
I've been waiting since July for this and I can't believe it is this weekend already! This Friday and Saturday, December 2 and 3, are the dates for the 2016 stroll. The event is completely FREE so bundle up the whole family and come out early. There will be treats in every store, which will be open late each night so maybe bring your Christmas shopping list, too! Here is the schedule of events for each evening as seen on the Christmas Stroll Facebook page:
- Friday 5:00PM - Blue Light Ceremony for fallen police officers, lawn between the courthouse and the Elks Lodge.
- Friday 5:30PM - Lantern Walk starting at Library through downtown.
- Friday 6:00PM - Blade Parade with Santa's arrival.
- Saturday 6:00PM and 7:30PM Absaroka Thunder Mountain Cloggers in front of Pride Park.
- Saturday 6:00PM to 9:00PM Sisters on the Fly vintage trailers, 11th Street near the Pollard Hotel.
Santa will be at the Elks Lodge both nights, 6:30 to 9:00PM. Many activities throughout downtown Red Lodge as well, including Tricksy the Elf and the Grinches.
It will be in the low 20s on Friday night and Saturday night so bundle up in your best caps and gloves!!