Keep Your Pool Sparkling By Following These 5 Easy Tips
With chilly temperatures and snowy spells in the forecast, pool care likely isn't at the forefront of your mind right now. The truth is, however, taking care of your pool year-round is key to making sure it stays functioning properly so you can get the most out of it once warmer weather comes back into play next summer.
But while practicing proper pool care is undoubtedly an important task to stay on top of, knowing which procedures, equipment, and chemicals to use on your pool can cause a bit of uncertainty. That's why our friends over at Thompson Pools helped us compile these five easy tips to follow when it comes to cleaning and maintaining your pool:
1) Cleaning. When it comes to cleaning your pool, there's nothing easier to use than a brush to scrub algae off the walls or a vacuum to suck up any debris that may have fallen to the floor.
2) Chemistry. This goes hand in hand with cleaning. Sanitize your pool by adding chlorine once every couple of weeks to shock your pool and kill any potentially harmful bacteria or viruses within the water itself.
3) Filtration. Your filter is another key component to helping the water stay healthy and clean. Once the filter reaches 8 to 10 psi above normal, you should purify it by removing any material that might be trapped on or in the filter media, BioGuard says.
4) Circulation. According to Clorox Pool & Spa, you'll want to run your pool pump between 8 and 12 hours each day to help circulate the water, evenly distribute chemicals, and improve filtration.
5) Testing. Last but not least, you're going to want to test your water weekly to make sure your pH levels look good. You can request a water test from Thompson Pools or do it yourself using a home testing kit.
Pool care doesn't have to be difficult. Make taking care of your pool easier by following the 5 easy tips we listed above or simply have Thompson Pools do it for you by visiting ThompsonPools.com or giving them a call at 406-656-8511. They offer affordable cleaning and maintenance service plans that will keep your pool beautifully sparkling!