What are the Five Most Popular Home Improvement Projects
According to homeadvisor.com, homeowners across the nation are not only spending more money on remodeling, they're tackling much larger, and more expensive home improvement projects than five or six years ago.
The next time you're out and about on any given weekend, drive buy your local Home Depot store or even Lowe's or Menards and you'll find that most of the parking lots are full with customers.
And it's not just replacing little things like faucets and handles, people are replacing the whole sink and replacing outdated cabinetry and even purchasing new flooring for the kitchen.
These days, the amount of equity homeowners have is now equal to where it was in 2006, at the top of the housing market boom.
Let's take a look at the top 5 most popular and most expensive home improvement projects:
5. Refacing cabinets. Nothing can bring a whole kitchen together than resurfacing your kitchen cabinets. Sure you can strip them and either stain them or paint them, but if you want it done professionally, get your cabinets resurfaced. It's eco friendly, and far less intrusive than replacing and installing new cabinets.
4. Building a deck. This is a project I am currently working on at home these days. More and more homeowners are indulging in the luxury of enhanced outdoor living spaces. A new deck adds value to your home and increases your living space.
3. Install a roof. With the help of a few of my friends, we put on a new roof about 5 years ago. Replacing a roof is a high dollar but essential project.
2. Bathroom Remodel. Two strong selling points of your home is the kitchen and the bathroom. Homeowners have plenty of options when they remodel a bathroom. Many homeowners opt for a master bathroom remodel for a true lifestyle upgrade.
1. Kitchen Remodel. "When it comes to a kitchen remodel project, it can be expensive, complicated and comprehensive, and the cost will vary depending on the size of your kitchen, types of materials used, and how extensive the structural changes are." (homeadvisor.com)
There are two things on this list that I am currently working on or will be very soon. Currently working on rebuilding our deck and my wife and I are going to look into refacing our kitchen cabinets.