Worlds Best Margarita Recipe
I was recently out of town, and during our trip we went to a Chili's for dinner. Not because their food is really that great (it's not). But mainly because they make a killer margarita. There are hundreds of different ways to make flavored margarita's. But you can't go wrong with a well prepared regular margarita. Some are way too sour and others can be too sweet.
Chili's "Presidente" margarita is juuuuust right. Since we don't have a Chili's anywhere near Billings I had to find their recipe and make some at home. It's pretty simple. You'll need:
- 1 1/4 oz of quality Tequila. Doesn't have to be top shelf. I used Sauza Gold.
- 1/2 oz of Cointreau. Cointreau is an orange liqueur. Buy an off-brand to save $'s.
- 1/2 oz of your favorite brandy
- 4 oz of sweet and sour mix
- 1/8 - 1/4 oz of fresh lime juice. A big squeeze should do the trick.
Shake all ingredients in a shaker with ice and pour into a salted rim glass. Garnish with slice of lime. Boom. Happy Cinco de Mayo this weekend!